Making of "Lee Kang-To ACEO"

Hi, everyone! Now a bit more new art. And this time it's actually new. A friend of mine, a very good artist, advised me to watch a Korean dorama "Bridal Mask" ("Gaksital") starring Joo Won (주원) as Lee Kang-to/Sato Hiroshi/Lee Young. *And before you ask me, no, I don't write Korean, just copied it from Wiki* XD. The movie's fantastic, and I really liked the final, it was just great and somehow overwhelming...

Now, a little bit about drawing steps:
1) A sketch, if you're going to paint it with watercolors - the less is better.
2) I used a watercolor pencil ) I wanted to make it a mix of pencil/watercolor and try a new water brush that Vita gave me for my B-day, but then I decided to stick to my usual watercolors.
3) Some shading, I use blue tone here. As I mentioned before - I want to add a bit of color-play and also achieve a better "blending" with environment.
4) Work on shapes and background. I don't really like how the red part looks different from green... from a style's point of view, will fix it later.
5) Details, also still working on shadows. Added color on lips because he looked really pale after I added the background.
6) White paint can fix everything ) Instead of general blending I decided to add some texture.
7) Working on tinny details. Added a a darker colors to background around the character to make him stand out without using lineart. Added a frame, that is probably a bit cut on this frame )
8) A scanned version with color/tone correction to make the closer to how they actually look )

It's ready! Bingo! )))



P.S. I'd like to wish everyone a great year, since it's the first blog entry in 2014! ^___^
Stay tuned!


Комментарии